A blog about the other side of Africa. The one not shown by the media! The positive Africa, Africa as its viewed by Africans, people who have actually been there, people who live there.... Not ur typical discovery channel Africa with people dying from maleria!! Welcome to the True Face of Africa!!!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The other side of Africa

I am starting this blog to tell the truth about Africa, one that is not often known outside of the continent. I am originally from Senegal and I live in Washington, DC. One thing that probably all African expats have in common is the discovery of how little is known of their continent outside of Africa. People still beleive that in Africa , people dont wear clothes, or people still live in huts and branches! Personnaly, I am from Dakar,Senegal ( West Africa) and I've never seen monkeys or lions wondering on the streets, I have never met someone who lives in a hut, and yes I was wearing clothes before I came to the US. I dont know the sign language and noone I know is dying of hunger . If u've read this far, I think u kinda understand what the purpose of this blog is. I will tell funny stories I heard about the continent, stereotypes, I will share pictures, news, and true facts about Mother Africa. Its time for people to wake up ! So welcome to my African Ride !!!

No comments: